Use the below search options at the bottom of the page to find information regarding recent decisions that have been taken by the council’s decision making bodies.
Alternatively you can visit the officer decisions page for information on officer delegated decisions that have been taken by council officers.
To seek Portfolio Holder approval to increase the original Capital Scheme from £60,000 to £105,150 in order to provide a larger shower block than first proposed.
Decision Maker: Leader - Portfolio Holder Strategy, Performance & Finance
Decision published: 22/11/2023
Effective from: 28/11/2023
That the scheme in the Capital Programme be increased by £45,150 to be financed by an increased grant allocation of £17,851 and £20,000 from repairs and renewals (R&R) to give a total of £105,150.
Lead officer: Brian Rawlinson
Decision Maker: Full Council
Made at meeting: 13/12/2022 - Full Council
Decision published: 16/11/2023
Effective from: 13/12/2022
In accordance with Council Procedure Rule No. 3.4.3, Councillor P. Peacock moved and Councillor L. Brazier seconded a motion to the following effect:
“That this Council is seriously concerned that the current proposals to introduce Voter ID requirements in order to vote at the 2023 local elections in England will be unable to be implemented fairly which could lead to thousands of voters being turned away and result in legal challenges to election results.
Just months before the first provisions of the Elections Act 2022 are set to be enacted in May 2023’s local elections, very little has been done to ease widespread concerns about the impact of this legislation and accordingly this Council supports the calls for an inquiry into the implementation of Voter ID by the cross-party Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee.
As such the Council will write to the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities and the Chair of the Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee requesting an inquiry into the implementation of Voter ID.”
The motion, on being put to the meeting, was declared lost with 9 votes for and 25 against.
This report sets out the planned budget arrangements for the revenue costs associated with the setting up and running cost budgets for Boughton Community House.
Decision Maker: Portfolio Holder - Housing
Decision published: 14/11/2023
Effective from: 18/11/2023
· The budget of £4,507 for the initial set up of the scheme and associated running costs from the HRA Service Improvement Reserve from October 2023 until 31 March 2024 has been approved by s.151 Officer be noted;
· The running costs will be added to the revenue budget, for 24/25 and 25/26 thereafter. An application will be made to UK Shared Prosperity Fund to cover these costs;
· the project, including the change of use for a HRA property to be changed from residential use to a Community House for period of two years, be approved;
· the £50,000 capital contribution for 23/24 secured from Rural Prosperity Fund and approves the variation to the Capital Programme be noted; and
· the project will be reviewed after year 1 and again in October 2024 to evaluate impact and recommendations to continue or return to rented accommodation.
Lead officer: Terry Bailey