Decision Maker: Portfolio Holder - Housing
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report sets out the planned budget arrangements for the revenue costs associated with the setting up and running cost budgets for Boughton Community House.
· The budget of £4,507 for the initial set up of the scheme and associated running costs from the HRA Service Improvement Reserve from October 2023 until 31 March 2024 has been approved by s.151 Officer be noted;
· The running costs will be added to the revenue budget, for 24/25 and 25/26 thereafter. An application will be made to UK Shared Prosperity Fund to cover these costs;
· the project, including the change of use for a HRA property to be changed from residential use to a Community House for period of two years, be approved;
· the £50,000 capital contribution for 23/24 secured from Rural Prosperity Fund and approves the variation to the Capital Programme be noted; and
· the project will be reviewed after year 1 and again in October 2024 to evaluate impact and recommendations to continue or return to rented accommodation.
To enable the Community Hub Project at Boughton to develop to completion.
None. There are no existing community buildings available to use for this project.
Publication date: 14/11/2023
Date of decision: 14/11/2023
Effective from: 18/11/2023